How To: Connect Bluetooth
With Chevy Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect your phone to the vehicle, allowing hands-free calls, streaming audio, and more. Using Bluetooth, the available LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot turns your vehicle into a reliable mobile hub, with great signal quality and bandwidth. There are many other great benefits of Chevy Bluetooth as well. To learn how to get the most out of your Bluetooth feature, visit Mike Anderson Chevy Merrillville today!
How to Set up Chevy Bluetooth
Wondering how to pair Bluetooth to Chevy Silverado or other popular Chevy vehicles? Here are the steps to connecting your Chevy Bluetooth feature using your Chevy infotainment system’s touchscreen:
- Turn on the vehicle and keep it in Park.
- Touch the Phone icon on your vehicle’s touchscreen.
- Look for an option on the screen to add or connect a new phone. It may say “Add Phone,” “Pair Device,” “Connect Phone” or “+.”
- Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings, turn Bluetooth on and select your vehicle from the list of options.
- Confirm the code shown on the phone matches the code on the infotainment touchscreen.
- Touch Pair on the infotainment touchscreen. You may also have to accept the pairing on your device, as well.
- If prompted, agree (or disagree) to allow the infotainment system to access your phone’s contacts and messages.
- Note: If you disagree, your contacts and messages will not be downloaded. In this case, you will be able to make calls after pairing by saying a phone number but will not be able to use a contact’s name to make a call.
- When the pairing is complete, the infotainment screen will show your phone as available for making and receiving calls.
Using Chevy MyLink Voice Commands
Chevy technology is constantly innovating. Now you can use voice recognition via Chevy MyLink voice commands, similar to how you might use “Siri” on your iPhone or “Alexa” on your Amazon devices. Here’s how to set it up:
- Place your vehicle in Park. Press the Push to Talk button, wait for the beep, and say “Pair Phone.”
- On the phone, look for the vehicle’s hardware and select it.
- Your phone will either ask to enter a 4-digit pin, which is displayed on the radio screen, or to confirm a 6-digit code.
- Accept Bluetooth connection and/or phonebook download on your phone.
- Now your phone is paired.
You can do so many great things with Chevy Bluetooth, like listening to music or podcasts stored on your phone over your vehicle’s sound system, calling your contacts, voice command texting, navigation, and more. The Bluetooth feature also allows you to connect to your vehicle’s LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot. A list of common compatible smartphones can be found here.
Visit Mike Anderson Merrillville!
Looking for a Chevy dealer near me? At Mike Anderson Chevy Merrillville, we’ve got you covered! Along with our expert maintenance department, we have an expansive inventory of the latest Chevrolet cars, trucks, and SUVs, as well as a great selection of used Chevys. Most importantly, we have a staff of automotive experts and professionals to provide you with exceptional customer service no matter which department you need assistance from. So visit your Chevy dealer Indiana to check out all the great benefits of Chevy Bluetooth today!