Best Winter Tires for Chevy Silverado
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is for when only the strongest, most advanced pickup will do. Hard working and smart, it’s built to get the job done right every time. The new 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 tells the world your story, and it begins as soon as you take the wheel. From off-road adventures in the first-ever Silverado ZR2 to just navigating the city, this truck has the strength to take on what’s next. To optimize its capability, be sure to find the right tires for your Silverado 1500. Check out our tire department now at Mike Anderson Chevrolet Merrillville!
Best Tires For Chevy Silverado 1500
There are many great options for tires for Chevy Silverado 1500. Here are some of the best of each category:
- Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT: These are the best overall tires because they have great traction, are ideal for both wet and dry conditions, produce a quiet and comfortable ride, and are long-lasting. Plus, these tires are made specifically for drivers of pickups, crossovers, and SUVs.
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2: These are the best performance tires. With a unique texture optimized for top performance, these tires offer a great grip on both dry and wet surfaces, stable handling, a comfortable and smooth tide, and excellent performance in extreme weather conditions.
- Michelin Defender LTX M/S: These tires are best for highway driving. Perfect for your highway journey, these tires feature the perfect dry treatment, outstanding wet traction, a quiet and comfortable ride, and a reasonable price. And they won’t compromise your ride quality and safety while you’re on the highway.
Best Winter Tires
In snowy and icy conditions, the best tires to have are winter tires (not all-season tires). They are specially made for the unique weather conditions of the season, from snow to ice to sleet. With deeper grooves and irregular edges to optimize the tire’s grip in snow, sleet, rain, and ice, the tread of snow tires is unique to the conditions it is made for. One of our top tips for driving in the snow is to equip your vehicle with winter tires.
The best winter tires for the Silverado 1500 are the Bridgestone Blizzak DM V2. Offering absolute comfort and safety in harsh winter weather, these tires produce a comfortable and smooth ride, feature a new generation tire compound, maintain a perfect grip, and offer great traction for icy and wet conditions.
Winter Driving Tips
Snow, ice, sleet, and low temperatures will be here for the next several months. With these driving conditions, you’ll want to know how to operate your vehicle in safe and cautious ways as you hit the road. Here are our top tips for winter driving:
- Turn Cruise Control Off
- Always Keep Your Tank Full
- Brush Ice and Snow Off Your Windshield Before You Leave
- Defrost Windows
- Decrease Your Speed
- Always Keep a Safety Kit in Your Vehicle
Visit Mike Anderson Merrillville!
Looking for a Chevy dealer near me? At Mike Anderson Chevy Merrillville, we’ve got you covered! Along with our expert maintenance department, we have an expansive inventory of the latest Chevrolet cars, trucks, and SUVs, as well as a great selection of used models. Most importantly, we have a staff of automotive experts and professionals to provide you with exceptional customer service no matter which department you need assistance from—including Chevy financing. Visit us today to get the perfect tires for your Chevy Silverado!