Jump Start Your Vehicle In 6 Simple Steps
Do you need to know how to jump start a car? Check out our easy guide to jump starting your vehicle below! One of our biggest winter driving tips is to know how to jump start a car because your battery is more at risk of dying in the colder months. Make sure you always keep a pair of jumper cables handy. Even if your vehicle’s battery isn’t dead, it’s a good idea to know how to jump start a battery just in case. Stop in to Mike Anderson Chevrolet Merrillville to have your vehicle’s battery health checked today!
6 Easy Steps To Jump Start Your Vehicle
Jump starting your vehicle might look challenging, but it’s actually pretty simple. Plus, you might need to help someone else jump start car when their battery dies. Be sure to be very careful, and follow these 6 easy steps to jump start your vehicle:
- Park Your Vehicle: Park your vehicle close to another working vehicle, without touching. Make sure both vehicles are completely off.
- Prepare the Vehicles: You’ll want to pop the hoods and locate the batteries on both vehicles. Also, make sure your jumper cables are unwound and untangled.
- Attach the Cables: Hook the red (+) clamp to the positive terminal of the dead battery. Next, attach the red (+) clamp to the positive terminal of the working battery. Similarly, clamp the black (-) to the negative terminal of the working battery. Finally, attach the remaining black (-) to an unpainted metal surface of the dead car.
- Start Up: First start the working car, then start the dead car. The energy will transfer over.
- Remove the Cables: Remove the jumper cables in the reverse order you attached them.
- Let the Vehicle Run: Be sure to let the revived car engine run for at least several minutes or drive it for at least 15 minutes if possible.
Schedule Service At Mike Anderson
Mike Anderson Chevrolet Merrillville is the best place in Northwest Indiana to get your vehicles repaired and maintained. We invite all the Chevrolet fans to come and visit our service center. We guarantee to deliver the best possible solutions. Our Chevrolet service department has certified technicians to handle all your repair and maintenance needs. We provide oil-changes, tire rotations, flat repairs, and general tune-ups. Drop by our Chevrolet Service Center today, or schedule an appointment. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be glad to lend a hand. Our Chevrolet auto service and repair center is your one-stop solution.