How To: Change Battery In Chevy Key Fob
Has your Chevy key fob died out recently? Or maybe you just have to push the buttons really hard or several times before it works? We’re here to help with your key fob battery replacement. The process of learning how to replace a key fob battery is an easy way to regain all of the handy functions that make Chevy ownership so special. Now sure how to replace the battery in a Chevrolet key fob? Just follow the simple steps in our guide for how to open Chevrolet key fob below. And you can visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet Merrillville for more assistance with your Chevy key fob replacement!
What You’ll Need to Begin
Before you begin the Chevy key fob battery replacement process, there are a few things you’ll need to make sure you have ready first. Of course, the first thing you’ll need is a replacement battery. That’s the CR2025 battery, which you can get online or at a local hardware or electronics store. To open your Chevy key fob, you’ll also need a small flathead screwdriver. Once you have everything, you’re ready to replace your Chevy key fob battery.
How To Change Battery In Chevy Key Fob
Having a working key fob can make a major difference when you can start your day in a vehicle that’s been warmed up in the winter or cooled down during the warmer months. With your Chevy remote start key fob, remote start is at your fingertips. And changing a key fob battery can be a total lifesaver if it dies out. Here’s how to do it:
- Gently insert a flathead screwdriver into the small slot on the side of the key fob. Twist it to open the key fob.
- Before you remove the battery, make note of which direction the positive and negative sides face. Carefully slide out the current battery and replace it with a fresh CR2032 button cell battery.
- Press the key fob back together and enjoy your remote start capabilities!
How to Replace Your Chevrolet Smart Keyless Entry Remote Battery
Some Chevy models have Remote Keyless Entry. If you have this type of key fob, just follow these simple steps to replace the battery:
- Press the chrome button on the side to be able to pull out the metal key.
- Open the key fob and remove the circuit board and buttons.
- Once you can see the old battery, remove it using a small flathead screwdriver.
- Install a new CR2032 3V battery, making sure that the positive side matches the position of the old battery.
- Replace the components you removed from your key fob, and you’re all set!
Visit Mike Anderson Merrillville!
Although this process is very doable at home, you can always stop into our store to learn more about how to replace battery in Chevy key fob or other service needs! We have a staff of automotive experts and professionals to provide you with exceptional customer service no matter which department you need assistance from.